Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Vision Contracting is a multi-disciplined Building and Civil Engineering Company. It is the mission of Vision Contracting to become the best in its field and to do so with integrity, honesty and professionalism. We are committed to offering a quality service and to do so in a safe and trustworthy manner.
Work as part of a team reporting to a Senior QS to manage costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Surveyors seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. Many of these are specified by statutory building regulations, which the surveyor needs to understand and adhere to.
The successful candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative or work, proactively within a team.
Job Type: Permanent
• Demonstrate the ability to apply and comply with statutory legislation and regulations,
• To provide estimating or receiving training in estimating in order to perform this function for the business, preparation of tenders as appropriate
• Update and maintain contract register highlighting payment conditions.
• Provide backup information and support to Head Office in clearing payments and accounts
• Ensuring all subcontractors are contractually tied in e.g. insurance details, retention, etc.
• Highlighting areas of concern / loss on any part of the contract
• Assist with or prepare monthly applications
• Working closely with Finance & Commercial in maximising profit on the contracts
Experience and Skills Appropriate Academic Qualification:
• Appropriate Academic and Construction Qualification, with detailed Building and Fitout Knowledge
• Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal
• Negotiation and analytical skills are critical
• MS Office is essential, together with MS Project software is a distinct advantage.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.