Vision Contracting is a multi-disciplined Building and Civil Engineering Company. It is the mission of Vision Contracting to become the best in its field and to do so with integrity, honesty and professionalism. We are committed to offering a quality service and to do so in a safe and trustworthy manner.
The Estimator is required to work within a highly motivated team, delivering both Design & Build and Traditional bids covering a range of disciplines.
The Successful Candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative but work, proactively within a team to produce detailed and competitive tender submissions and will report directly to the Estimating Manager. The Estimator must have prior experience pricing small to medium sized projects ranging in value from €250,000 up to €5M, with a min. of 3 years’ experience.
Job Type: Permanent
• Appropriate Academic and Construction Qualification, with detailed Building and Fitout Knowledge.
• Good communication skills to communicate with all members of the pre-construction/procurement team, Clients, • • • Consultants and Directors.
• Membership of a professional institution.
• Proven estimating experience in small to medium sized Building and Fitout projects.
• Min. of 3 years’ experience in estimating.
• Preferable experience in Design and Build projects, Main Contractor, CSA Contractor and Fit-Out.
• Previous Experience and working knowledge of Buildsoft and Conquest would also be preferable but not essential.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office package.
• Responsible for the preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team and Estimating Manager.
• Undertake a site inspection and prepare a report. Compile an appropriate risk register and update accordingly.
• Prepare and send out Tender enquiries to supply chain and review quotations received.
• Prepare Tender sum analysis, priced document/Bill of Quantities. Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required.
• Attend, both internal and external tender review meetings with the procurement team.
• Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
• Deal with design team post tender queries.
• File tender documentation in accordance with the company procedure.
• Attend handover meeting to brief the construction team
• Review production analysis and update.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com.