Vision Contracting is a multi-disciplined Building and Civil Engineering Company. It is the mission of Vision Contracting to become the best in its field and to do so with integrity, honesty and professionalism. We are committed to offering a quality service and to do so in a safe and trustworthy manner.
We are looking to appoint a Project Manager who will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication and mathematical skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team. It is vital that they can demonstrate a pragmatic and proactive approach to problem-solving, whilst delivering their technical expertise and liaising with senior management and client representatives as appropriate.
Job Type: Permanent
Main duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Liaising with various staff and senior stakeholders such as Clients, Sub-contractors, Senior Engineer, Foreman and Quantity Surveyor
• To be responsible for the successful delivery of project through leadership, management, technical & engineering expertise throughout the project life cycle.
• Manage sub-contractors, engineering and operational staff and personnel on site
• Planning out weekly work programmes as well as producing weekly reports on the progress of the project
• Manage the site team ensuring that key milestones are met
• Manage the design of the project as well as working alongside the commercial team
• Carry out statutory workplace inspections
• Work closely with the Contracts Manager and report into the Contracts Manager to ensure the site programme meets the budget and commercial objectives
• Constantly reinforce the Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident free site
• Manage complete day to day life-cycle of project from initial stages through to hand-over.
• Formal engineering qualification (Honours Degree Desirable) ideally Chartered EI
• currently working towards Chartership
• 10+ years’ experience
• A strong track record of completing projects on time and on budget
• Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
• An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
• Have good spoken and written communication skills.
• The drive to be responsible for exceeding targets.
• Strong work ethic and desire for career progression
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com.