Project Safety Officer – Cork
Vision Contracting is a multi-disciplined Building and Civil Engineering Company. It is the mission of Vision Contracting to become the best in its field and to do so with integrity, honesty and professionalism. We are committed to offering a quality service and to do so in a safe and trustworthy manner.
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Site Safety Officer for one of our Projects in Co. Cork. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident, and motivated with good communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity to progress their career with a leading Main Contractor and to develop their skills and knowledge
Job Type: Permanent
The role includes:
• Effective communication and implementation of site rules & company health and safety policy.
• Regular Audits, recognising the hazards and risks, reporting and recording them through to closure.
• Review and updating of site documentation such as method statements and risk assessments.
• Follow safe working practices and procedures, including reviewing, investigating and recording near miss reports and incidents.
• Conduct Toolbox Talks and chair safety meetings.
• Carry out site specific emergency drills.
• Maintain and update all site registers, such as, training matrix,
• Some Experience of environmental management would be advantageous.
• 3+ years in a Safety & Health role, preferably in construction.
• Experience with a fully integrated management system across all standards.
• Experience working for a works contractor would be advantageous
• Degree / Diploma in Health and Safety or Equivalent
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.