Vision Contracting is a multi-disciplined Building and Civil Engineering Company. It is the mission of Vision Contracting to become the best in its field and to do so with integrity, honesty and professionalism. We are committed to offering a quality service and to do so in a safe and trustworthy manner.
We are looking to appoint a Senior Engineer for a project in the Cork region.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication and mathematical skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
It is vital that they are able to demonstrate a pragmatic and proactive approach to problem-solving, especially across construction sites, whilst delivering their technical expertise and liaising with senior management and client’s representatives as appropriate.
The successful candidate will be well versed in HSE management, quality control, subcontractor manager and production of project handover documentation. Role will ideally suit an ambitious professional who wishes to progress their career into project management and beyond in an expanding business and must be flexible to work away from home if required.
Location: Co Cork
Job Type: Permanent
Essential Experience / Skills:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing & programming site works
• Good communication skillset
• Design experience would be advantageous
• Cad experience would be advantageous
• Technical competence to ensure compliance with specifications
• Ability to develop Method Statements required for work activities
• Ability to resource work activities in an efficient manner
• Ability to work to deadlines, strong work ethic and desire for career progression.
• Proven commercial awareness would be desirable
• IT Skills: Microsoft Office, Excel and Word proficiency
• Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering or related discipline
• Strong work ethic and desire to progress to Site Agent role
• Ability to read engineering drawings and prepare material take-off’s
The role includes:
• Management of work area including preparation of Method Statements, ensure compliance with the Integrated Management Plan and compliance with the specification’s
• Engagement with Designer & Design co-ordinator to ensure the appropriate information is received to schedule the works.
• Accurate record keeping of extra works and variations and ensuring appropriate communication of same to company management, commercial team and client.
• Maintain good working relations with client, designer/team, together with our supply chain
• Compiling traffic management plans as required, coordination with utility companies
• Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good construction practice
• Developing temporary works solutions in conjunction with temporary works designers
• Management of Junior Engineers and ability to work with construction managers and project managers
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com.