Director of Schools Kerry Education and
Training Board, Centrepoint,
Tralee, Co. Kerry
March 2021 to September 2022
Unit D1, The Steelworks, Foley Street, Dublin 1
Civil & Structural Engineer
W.S. Atkins Ireland Ltd Unit 2B,
2200 Cork Airport Business
VARMING Consulting Engineers 3
Eastgate Road Eastgate Business
Park Little Island Co. Cork
Mc Gahon Surveyors
15 Seatown PlaceDundalk Co Louth
Vision Contracting Ltd., were appointed Main Contractor and PSCS by the Kerry Education and Training Board in respect of the construction of the new school.
The Works comprise the construction of a 600 pupil Post primary school with connected Sports Hall and ESB substation, 4no. ballcourts, new internal road with set-down for buses and cars and accessing 55No. car parking spaces and associated ancillary landscaping and siteworks including reprofiling of material on site. New vehicular and pedestrian site entrance and secondary pedestrian entrance off proposed Ballymullen Clash Link Relief Road. A new internal access Road for access to the East of St Brigid’s Community Centre including new boundary wall treatments generally. The project also included Reserved Specialists for both Mechanical and Electrical Installations.
The new 7,500 sq. mt building has the capacity to cater for 600 students. It has 30 classrooms with specialist rooms for Art, Engineering, Technology, Wood Technology, Home Economics, Music, Science and Computer Science. Other onsite facilities include a canteen, student recreational areas, a sports hall, a fitness suite, performance space and 4 hard surface ball courts.
- The building achieved a Building Energy Rating of A3. Renewables & Energy Efficiency Measures
Solar Photovoltaic panels
- Energy-efficient LED lighting,with Astro clocks and passive infra-red motion sensors
- The heating is provided by two number Sirius three FS – 250 kW gas fired boilers, with an A efficiency rating.
- The hot water is heated by a gas fired Andrews ECOflo condensing water heater EC230/600, with an A efficiency rating.
- The external windows are the SPA ST70 Hi with a Uw value of 1.5W/ m2K.