Hines Real Estate Ireland
Place, Dublin 2
August 2021 – July 2022
Henry J Lyons Architects,
51-54 Pierce Street,
MMOS Consulting Engineers,
51 Bracken Road, Sandyford,
Baker O’Reilly Consulting
Engs. Herbert Road, Bray,
Dundrum Town Centre,
This project involves the removal of the existing mall tiles and replacement with a new vitrified porcelain tile. The new tiles were specially made for the project in Bologna, Italy. The depth of tile is 14mm to cater for significant loading in the main mall at Liffey Valley Shopping Centre. The tile patterns, as designed by Henry J Lyons Architects, are unique and sophisticated, giving a modern and elegant look to new installation. All tiles have been jet cut in Italy prior to shipping to Dublin.
The work scope includes electrical upgrades underneath the mall to cater for Pop-up Mall outlets, advertising pods etc.
All works are being undertaken out of hours to facilitate normal trading within the shopping centre. Dust control is key to the success of the project together with accurate planning and communication of the works programme.
- Adherence to the works programme and good communication with Centre Management and Tenants.
- Dust control is paramount.
- Structural repairs to cracks found in the existing floor slab prior to installation to the decoupling mat.
- Management and commitment to out of hours working regime.
- Installation of 7,800m² of tiles within a live and busy shopping mall.