2017 – 2018
Civil, Structural & Architectural
4 Eastgate Avenue, Eastgate Business Park,
Little Island, Co.Cork
This bio-pharmaceutical facility for vaccine production, forms part of MSD’s commitment to expanding the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. The vaccine protects against pneumococcal infections, which are caused by bacteria. This project involved the conversion and enhancement of an existing structure and its fit-out and extension. It is situated to the north of the MSD Brinny site, Innishannon, Co. Cork on the east side of the public road The existing structure was a shell that had minimum value; the elements to be retained were; structural steel frame, 3 staircases and part of the roof. The existing 2 storey building was 3,500 square meters and 18 meters high.
As Main Contractor for the CSA works, we had overall responsibility for the co-ordination of all civil, structural, architectural and fit-out works. The mechanical, electrical, process and clean-room installations works were carried out by named specialist subcontractors appointed separately by DPS and MSD. A key feature of this highly serviced project involved the extensive and continuous liaison and co-ordination with the all of specialist service contractors.
- Off-site fabrication of electrical and communication pods
- Off-site fabrication of PAR pipework
- Off-site pre-casting of lift shafts, staircases and underground culverts
- Mobile cranage of large plant and equipment
- Public road shutdown and expedited underground services installation
- Interface with very complex and hazardous services (high pressure steam, liquid nitrogen, high voltage cables and hydrogen sulphide)
- Night work to mitigate against site congestion and project delays
- Extensive HSE protocols and control measures
- Close co-ordination and full co-operation of works with PSCS, client and other specialist contractors