MSD, Brinny – PCV Expansion & Freezer Project, Cork,
Civil, Structural & Architectural
4 Eastgate Avenue, Eastgate Business Park,
Little Island, Co.Cork
CSA works including the conversion fit-out and extension of the existing Building 21, as a bio- pharmaceutical facility for vaccine production. The works included the internal completion of the existing 3751m2 building, with new floors, walls and ceilings, the upgrade of all elevations, the addition of new 2 storey external stair & lift cores, wall cladding, curtain walling, glazing and the addition of a new 2 storey electrical extension and roof mounted plant. Externally the work scope included new external items of plant and equipment, revised paving and roads and relocated underground services including culverted link under the existing public road to connect to the existing MSD site infrastructure / utilities and the addition of 303 new parking spaces.
As part of the redevelopment works a new extension was added to the works scope to provide new Clean Room Freezer storage capacity. These works include the modification of the existing building 21 elevations, the construction of 980m2 new steel framed 2 storey building, general concrete works and building drainage, including new epoxy flooring, wall and ceiling fitout, new cladding elevations and reinstatement works to existing elevations and parapets, the addition of new lift, curtain walling and roof mounted plant.
- Off-site fabrication of electrical and communication pods
- Off-site fabrication of PAR pipework
- Off-site pre-casting of lift shafts, staircases and underground culverts
- Large scale mobile crane lifting of heavy plant and equipment
- Public road shutdown and expedited underground services installation
- Interface with very complex and hazardous services (high pressure steam, liquid nitrogen, high voltage cables and hydrogen sulphide)
- Extensive night work to mitigate against site congestion and project delays