Liffey Valley Ltd. Savills Ireland
Molesworth Street, Dublin 2
May 2015 – September 2015
Architect: Henry J Lyons Architects
51 -54 Pearse Street, Dublin 2
Structural Consulting Engineers
Monahan Road, Cork
Project Managers & Cost Consultants
Galbraith & Lawson,
175 West George Street, Glasgow
This project involved the removal of large elements of the existing roof that had deteriorated over time & the reinstatement of the entire area of the Multiplex, 8,750m2, with a new Sikaplan Polymeric membrane.
All of the existing gutters were removed & replaced with galvanised liners, dressed with polyester reinforced polymeric membrane. Total length of gutters replaced was 620m.
• The Multiplex Cinema maintained 7 day week operations during the works period
• Noise control was critical in order not to disrupt cinema patrons.
• Mechanical fixing was only undertaken at night when the Multiplex operations were closed.
• Co-ordination of work areas was pre-agreed with cinema management on a weekly basis.
• Working at heights was a critical risk from a H&S perspective.