Genzyme Ireland Ltd, IDA Industrial
Park, Old Kilmeaden Road, Waterford
November 2013– April 2014
Tandem Project Management,
Building 1000, 2nd Floor, City
Gate, Mahon, Cork
M&E Consulting Engineers
Synergy Engineering Ltd, 4B
Riverview Business Park, Nangor
Road, Dublin 12
Vision Contracting Ltd. was appointed Main Contractor & PSCS by Genzyme Ireland Ltd. to carry out a number of projects in their Waterford Plant. All of the projects ran concurrently.
• Relocation of A&IT Office & workshop including all services & equipment.
• Expansion of the Lyo Laboratory into the space created by the above relocation.
• Complete fit-out of a new Bioassay Laboratory.
• Construction of a new medical Centre.
The works included all necessary demolitions & strip outs together with full CSA works, M&E, Sprinkler, HVAC, BMS & extensions & modifications to Life systems. All of the works were undertaken within the Plant itself which remained fully operational at all times. Extensive co-ordination & permitting was undertaken for all of the work elements.
• Multiple stakeholder co-ordination with specialist Sub-contractors.
• Daily stand up co-ordination meetings prior to work commencement including Genzyme Project staff, Sub contractor Supervisors & Safety officers with Vision PM & Safety Officer.
• Key programming co-ordination with multiple works areas.