BIOASSAY, MEDICAL SUITE AND LYO LABORATORY EXPANSION, WATERFORD,
Genzyme Ireland Ltd, IDA Industrial
Park, Old Kilmeaden Road, Waterford
November 2013– April 2014
Tandem Project Management,
Building 1000, 2nd Floor, City
Gate, Mahon, Cork
M&E Consulting Engineers
Synergy Engineering Ltd, 4B
Riverview Business Park, Nangor
Road, Dublin 12
Vision Contracting Ltd. was appointed Main Contractor & PSCS by Genzyme Ireland Ltd. to carry out a number of projects in their Waterford Plant. All of the projects ran concurrently.
• Relocation of A&IT Office & workshop including all services & equipment.
• Expansion of the Lyo Laboratory into the space created by the above relocation.
• Complete fit-out of a new Bioassay Laboratory.
• Construction of a new medical Centre.
The works included all necessary demolitions & strip outs together with full CSA works, M&E, Sprinkler, HVAC, BMS & extensions & modifications to Life systems. All of the works were undertaken within the Plant itself which remained fully operational at all times. Extensive co-ordination & permitting was undertaken for all of the work elements.
• Multiple stakeholder co-ordination with specialist Sub-contractors.
• Daily stand up co-ordination meetings prior to work commencement including Genzyme Project staff, Sub contractor Supervisors & Safety officers with Vision PM & Safety Officer.
• Key programming co-ordination with multiple works areas.